It's shaping up to be a great first week of November! We have been spending a lot of time working on writing skills using a structured writing curriculum. The colorful outlines and rough drafts we’ve been using over the past weeks have helped create some amazing final copies! During Monday’s writing lesson, we will be having a “writing scrimmage” where everyone will be asked to respond to a prompt. I will use the responses to show growth in writing abilities during our time together and to plan future writing lessons. This is an activity that I ask all students to complete without any assistance from others. There will NOT be a followup associated with this activity.
The rest of the week we will be similar to our previous weeks together. Here is a list of weekly work:
1. A daily (except Wednesday) Zoom lesson and follow-up activity
2. Two Saxon math skills maintenance assignments
3. A www.readworks.org reading comprehension assignment
4. A cultural assignment (posted each Wednesday)
5. A spelling quiz (posted each Wednesday)
6. A vocabulary activity (posted each Wednesday)
7. Choice works (not required, but highly recommended)
I highly encourage you to have some fun completing some of the choice works I suggest each week. While not required, they do offer some enrichment opportunities and a chance to engage in creative endeavors.
Have a spooktacular weekend,