The time between our holiday breaks is my favorite time of the school year! There’s a lot of fun things going on here at Ellis this week. I look forward to enjoying them with you!
In math we will be working with inequalities. The work you’ve done with solving equations will come in handy when mastering this skill. This is the last new topic we will cover this term in math, so make the most of your work time to practice solving inequality problems. You can use the following resources to help you do so:
You will have math homework Monday and Tuesday evening, as well as a quiz on Thursday. Be sure to complete your weekly Compass Learning requirement and your Google Classroom Journal by Friday.
In science we will finish our research about Earth’s water. Complete your “Drop in the Bucket” choice sheet by Friday. You will have your last science test of the quarter on Friday, as well. You can use your “Study Guide” and “Vocabulary List” to help you prepare.
In addition to all this work, there are a number of other items to keep in mind this week.
- Progress reports will be sent home Monday. Please review, sign, and return them as soon as possible.
- We will be doing a Holiday Book Exchange in our homerooms! Details can be found stapled to your progress report. Please indicate if you would like to participate, or not. We will be pulling names for the exchange Wednesday. The exchange will take place Friday, December 18.
- The Festival of Lights takes place at Ellis Thursday, December 10. Please come and enjoy this party highlighting winter celebrations around the world. The 6th grade will be creating a display about Hanukkah.
- The book fair is this week in the Media Center. Be sure to visit the awesome book store Ms. Laura has set up for you!
- The end of the term is quickly approaching. All 2nd term work must be handed in by Thursday, December 17.