Last week, our math lessons focused on solving equations. We spent a lot of time discussing the need for equality on each side of the equals sign in the equation. This week we will take a look at number sentences that are not equal...these are called inequalities. Here is some information about reading and writing inequalities:
Inequalities (Click to enlarge)
You will have homework
Our science studies will continue to focus on the distribution of water on Earth. We will take some time to explore groundwater in more depth. I have an artistic lab for you to complete that will help you understand how urban development can effect the level of the water table beneath it. Your "Drop in the Bucket" choice sheet is due Friday. You will also have a test on Earth's water Friday. Use your notes to help you prepare.
A few reminders:
1. Please hand in your permission slip and payment ($5) for the Might 8th Air Force Museum field trip by this Thursday. Any student not handing in their slip or money by that day will not be able to attend the trip. Please let me know if you are unable to cover the trip cost, because a generous donor has agreed to pay for anyone who can't afford it. Please pack a lunch that will not require a microwave to prepare.
2. The last day of the term is Friday, December 19th. All 2nd term work is due that day. Please check Power School for missing assignments.
3. Progress reports will be sent home Tuesday. Please review, sign, and return them Wednesday, Dec. 10.
4. This week we will celebrate Computer Science week! Be ready for some fun coding activities!
5. Because of a Montessori training I must attend after school, there will be NO math tutorial this week.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!