Want to spend the summer talking about fun books with students from all over the country?
WELCOME TO THE ePALS BOOK CLUB!
Here’s how it works:
1. Choose a book from the list below. You can find them all at your local bookstore or library.
Here are the great stories we are reading this summer:
Casey at the Bat by Ernest Lawrence Thayer Just in time for the summer season, this classic poem is a celebration of everything base- ball. It tells the story of a real player and his confidence that he would hit the homerun every fan was waiting for.
From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg Since 1967, millions of kids have read this Newbery Award winning mystery about two children who run away to live in the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. There, they sleep in antique beds, dodge museum guards, learn about the exhibits, and discover a mystery only they can solve.
2. Go to www.ePals.com. Use your In2Books username and password to sign in. Go to the Student tab where you’ll find the ePals Book Club.
3. Read the thread that ‘s about the book you chose.
4. Comment on the book. Make others think about the book in a new way. Question, compare, share.
5. Return to the thread all summer long to see what other kids had to say about your book and your comments.
6. Finished your first book? Grab another from the list and jump into another conversation . It’s never too late to join in the discussion!